Manufacturing Planning Specialist
NobelClad, Boulder, CO, USA
Summary Job Description
The contract and planning specialist translates customer sales orders into manufacturing plans for product production. This role works closely with Nobelclad sales specialists to understand customer requirements, and also works with Nobelclad production personnel to understand manufacturing capabilities and implement a suitable production plan.
- Understand Nobelclad’s manufacturing guidelines and learn industry standard (ASTM, ASME, etc) requirements for producing and testing clad metal products.
- Review new sales orders for testing, metallurgical property, raw material and production requirements.
- Develop a complete manufacturing plan in Microsoft Dynamics AX for new orders based on order requirements, Nobelclad manufacturing guidelines and specification requirements.
- Create computer generated drawings, shop floor travelers and order notes for new orders and customer generated changes.
- As appropriate, make changs to existing routes and shop floor traverers in Microsoft Dynamics AX software.
- Create and maintain procedures for planning various sales orders.
- Help develop methods of entering new NobelClad products into an ERP program.
- Provide assistance to other planning specialists as needed.
- Identify areas of efficiency and improvements in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX and in production planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills in manufacturing/production planning related software. Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and other drawing programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and other related business associates.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive or legally binding information where required.
- Strong knowledge of metallurgical products and processes including mechanical and chemical properties, and welding.
- Understanding of effect of processes on various metals used by Nobelclad.
- Ability to quickly shift focus and be flexible.
- Ability to use creative thinking to devise new methods for process improvement.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent experience.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Boulder, CO, USA