Process Engineer, Hardware
DynaEnergetics, Blum, TX, USA
The Process Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and optimizing existing manufacturing processes and recommending new manufacturing methods to reduce cost, waste and lead time and improve product quality. He/she will work side-by-side with DynaEnergetics management staff to discover inefficiencies in business processes and then determine the best ways to bring DynaEnergetics’ business methods in line with its financial goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- 10+ years in quality and/or process engineering or equivalent manufacturing experience in CNC machining environment required
- 3-5 years of CNC programming using Esprit or MasterCam required
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Project Management skills, PMP certification preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing continuous improvement methodologies including breakdown analysis/Root cause analysis, CAPA and FMEA
- Demonstrated capabilities in PLC, drive, robotics, and CNC programming; and other industrial automation preferred
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Strong analytical skills to address BOM errors and variances, and provide input on standard costs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization, English being a requirement
- Ability to work in a global, fast paced cross functional team
- Well organized and proactive
- Proficiency in German would be beneficial
- Act as project champion with new product implementation projects pertaining to Hardware areas
- Working knowledge of explosives and explosive safety.
- Must have ability to acquire ATF Certification (previous certification accepted).
- Previous experience with hazardous materials handling a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates manufacturing processes and continuously improves manufacturing processes through the application of Lean Six Sigma tools and knowledge to ensure superior product quality, reduced cycle times, lead times, and minimize overall manufacturing costs.
- Special project design and implementation (capital equipment, flow, automation, support equipment).
- Interacts with product, equipment, parts and tooling vendors to evaluate requirements according to quality standards and specifications.
- Provides engineering support to DE Hardware production department to provide trouble shooting capabilities and assists in resolving technical problems.
- Acts as the DE Hardware R&D point of contact for Germany, responsible for timely updates on new product/changes to existing products and develops, configures and optimizes manufacturing processes from inception through start up and production certification.
- Responsible for DE Hardware sustain engineering by updating manufacturing routers and BOM’s, reflecting accurate standard costs in ERP system.
- Prepares DE Hardware capital expenditure requests and acts as the project manager for the project once approved.
- Supports the organization’s continuous improvement program through coaching, teaching and mentoring employees as a key member of the Opex group.
- Actively assists in the development of organizational key performance indicators (KPI) and determines ways to continuously improve them in conjunction with department heads to achieve the company’s business goals.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout with respective manufacturing area.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished- product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; analyzes data and trends to estimate future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
This job requires no/some supervisory responsibilities but requires providing verbal and written direction to personnel at all levels within the organization and third parties
- Authorized to sign in accordance with DynaEnergetics financial authorization limits.
- Authorized to spend approved CAPEX and budgeted expenses in accordance with DynaEnergetics financial authorization limits.
Blum, TX, USA