Summary Job Description
NobelClad - a division of DMC Global Inc., a publicly traded diversified holding company - is a ~US$90M business with 200 employees in 10 countries and 2 production sites, one in US and one in EU. NobelClad is a leader in the production of explosion-welded clad metal plates for use in the construction of corrosion resistant industrial processing equipment, bimetallic structural and electrical transition joints and more.
NobelClad is looking to add a Global Manager of Industrial Applications. The diversity and complexity of the position requires a very skilled and experienced engineer with managerial experience.
This position will be accountable for the profitable growth of NobelClad’s dissimilar metal joining applications outside our traditional pressure vessels market. The position provides application expertise, market intelligence, early-stage project knowledge and marketing strategy. The segment manager is responsible for surrounding significant opportunities early in the project lifecycle, increasing the likelihood of NobelClad specification and driving top-line market growth. The position works closely with NobelClad’s global sales representatives to gain a single world view. In cooperation with our R&D and Engineering experts, the successful candidate will creatively and rigorously seek new technologies and applications in the Industrial marketplace for dissimilar metal clad solutions and establish him or herself as an expert in the industry. Alternative energy sources adoption is on the rise, thus the candidate is expected to seek opportunities in this area.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Business Development
- This position will be located in our Broomfield, Colorado office. Considerations will be made for allowing to work from other NobelClad facilities, such as: Mt. Braddock, Pennsylvania; Liebenscheid, Germany; Perpignan, France. Special consideration may be made for remote work, but not preferred.
Develop Markets, Applications and Products
- Develop markets, applications, and products for dissimilar metal combinations outside the Pressure Vessel (PV) applications common to O&G and Chemical markets.
- Analyze material usage and requirements in different components used in the industry that could benefit from dissimilar metal joining technologies.
- Develop a Business Case for each idea/development.
- Lead New Products and Applications projects closely with R&D and Engineering, in Mt. Braddock and Liebenscheid.
Alternative Energy Markets
- Understand the changes in this market that impact the long-range profitability of the company or current revenue forecast.
- Track and identify opportunities in global projects that could benefit from using NobelClad’s product lines.
- Maintain an Alternative Energies Market data available in the company CRM.
- Understanding that alternative energies exclude petroleum and biofuels, but includes nuclear power generation and liquified natural gas.
Relationship holder with Design Engineers, Researchers and Product Development Professionals
- Professional Society Participation and standards committees.
- Industrial presence via company-specific seminars.
- Specification Committee participation.
- Lead Generation.
Marketing & Communications - Branding
- Presentations, webinars, social media posts, web page articles, etc.
- Trade Show planification and attendance.
- Write publications, white papers, case studies:
- Differentiating our product from others with data and facts.
Supervisory and Lateral Communications Responsibilities
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Leadership role in multidisciplinary work groups or project groups is expected.
Education and Experience
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline: Advanced Technical will receive additional consideration.
- A graduate level degree or evidence of years of experience in business development.
- Ten years of relevant experience in metals and alloys selection for industrial applications.
- Global experience and ability to speak another language besides English is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be able to lead and manage projects and participate in other as an engaged member.
- Strong technical aptitude and marketing/strategy skills.
- Contemporary knowledge of commercial, business and political events as they relate to different industries, markets and products.
- Effective public speaking & presentation skills including the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to write routine technical and business reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with vastly different levels of organizations and individuals.
- Collaborates closely with personnel in many geographic areas and times zones.
- Able to self-motivate and work in self-directed manner. Entrepreneurial instinct for opportunity.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a combination of commercial and technical issues. Ability to work with and communicate effectively verbally and in writing to employees, customers, agency or vendors.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift to 10-lb (~5-kg) frequently.
- Work conducted in a typical office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20-25% of the time globally.
Salary – $100,000 - $150,000 based on job experience
Bonus Potential – 15%
Benefits: Healthcare, Health Saving Account, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance, Parental Leave, Life Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short/Long Term Disability, ESPP, PTO, and certain other leave benefits as may be required by applicable law.
This job description does not create a contract of employment and is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of all duties or responsibilities of the position. Additional duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.