Summary Job Description
NobelClad is seeking an energetic, hands-on Welding Engineer at its Mt. Braddock, PA facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and improving manufacturing processes.
- Direct, and demonstrate if necessary, fundamentally sound welding practices.
- Write and maintain weld procedures and welder qualification records (WPS, PQR).
- Develop and implement process improvements. Conduct research and development investigations to develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Planning and executing R&D projects.
- Writing shop floor instructions and procedures.
- Assists and is back up to the Mine Site Area Manager for 8-10 employees in that area.
Education and/or Experience
- Successful candidates must be able to function in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at once.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering with the ability to implement practical solutions based on engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge and experience with welding process development, metallurgy, and other fabrication processes such as head forming, machining, flame cutting, plasma cutting are desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in metallurgy, and/or working with quality systems is very beneficial.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not create a contract of employment, and is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of all duties or responsibilities of the position. Additional duties may be assigned in addition to those listed.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Dynamic Materials Corporation
P.O. Box 317
Mt. Braddock, PA 15465
Attention: Human Resources
Or email: [email protected]