NobelClad is a leader in the production of explosion-welded clad metal plates for use in the construction of corrosion resistant industrial processing equipment and specialized transition joints. NobelClad is a division of DMC Global Inc., a publicly traded diversified holding company.
NobelClad is looking to add a Global Chemicals Market Manager (segment manager) in either Broomfield, CO or Houston, TX. This position will be accountable for the profitable growth of the NobelClad Chemical market segment. The position provides application expertise, market understanding, early-stage project knowledge and marketing strategy for the segment. Operating with broad delegation from the VP of Marketing & Business Development, the position works closely with global NobelClad sales representatives to gain a single world view in the assigned segment. The segment manager is responsible for surrounding significant opportunities in market or product space early in the project lifecycle, increasing the likelihood of NobelClad specification and driving top-line market growth. The successful candidate will creatively and rigorously seek new applications for dissimilar metal clad solutions in the assigned market segment and establish him or herself as an expert in the industry.
- Chemical Market Understanding:
- Track and identify opportunities in global projects.
- Understand the changes that impact the long-range profitability of the company or current revenue forecast.
- Maintain Chemical Market data available in the company CRM.
- Maintain contact with Influencers in the Chemical Market:
- Professional Society Participation and standards committees (e.g. ASME, ASTM, NACE, etc.)
- Industrial presence via company-specific seminars.
- Specification Committee participation.
- Lead Generation.
- Develop new products and applications, or new chemical market segments:
- Develop a Business Case for each idea/development.
- Work closely with R&D and Engineering on New Products and Applications.
- Be the liaison between Engineering/R&D and Sales projects or specification development.
- Marketing & Communications / Branding:
- Take the lead at conferences with presentations, webinars, LinkedIn posts, web page articles.
- Trade Show Presence.
- Write publications, white papers, case studies.
- White papers related to differentiating our product from others with data and peer reviewed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline, preferably Chemical or Corrosion Engineering:
- Advanced Technical or Business degree will receive additional consideration.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in Chemical Markets:
- Reactive metals or refractory metals experience is a plus.
- Global experience working with different companies around the world and cultures.
- Ability to speak another language besides English is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical aptitude and marketing/strategy skills.
- Contemporary knowledge of commercial, business and political events as they relate to chemical industries, markets and products.
- Effective public speaking & presentation skills including the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to write routine technical and business reports and correspondence.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work with vastly different levels of organizations and individuals within those organizations.
- Collaborates closely with personnel in many geographic areas and times zones.
- Able to self-motivate and work in self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial instinct for opportunity.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a combination of commercial and technical issues.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Business Development
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift to 5-kg frequently.
- Work conducted in a typical office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25-30% of the time globally.
This job description does not create a contract of employment and is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of all duties or responsibilities of the position. Additional duties may be assigned in addition to those listed.
NobelClad values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. NobelClad is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.