Summary Job Description
The outside salesperson is the face of NobelClad in a dedicated territory and/or region. He/she identifies sales and business development opportunities and works to turn them into revenue for NobelClad. He/she spends 30-40% of his time traveling and is the first guarantor of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for generating demand for various types of clad products which include explosion clad, roll bonded clad, or weld overlay. Applications for these products may include corrosion resistance, weld transition and wear applications used in many industries, examples of which include:
- Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining, Shipbuilding, Industrial Refrigeration, Power Generation, Electrical Distribution, Thermal Management, Nuclear
- Awareness of all activities in their territories – direct sales, indirect sales, business development, supply chain
- Coordinate and leverage resources from other departments as needed
- Cultivate sales within territory at all levels within the supply chain
- Be a technical resource and lead product applications/technical discussions with customers to develop solutions
- Maintain and grow customer relationships within territory at both direct and indirect customers.
- Generate demand through sales activities including customer visits, technical presentations etc.
- Negotiate commercial and technical requirements of projects with customers.
- Follow-up on leads and otherwise assist the business development team
- Leverage relationships to collaborate with other internal resources on large projects with global external stakeholders
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Duties and Competencies
- Customer Service. Passion for providing a high level of customer service along with an in-depth understanding of sales principles
- Entrepreneurial, creative/conceptual thinking, ability to multi-task, responsiveness, attention to detail, technical acumen, efficient, inquisitive
- Results driven, relationship management
- Ability to use IT software such as ERP, CRM, and other internal software efficiently
- May be exposed to information of a semi-confidential nature
- A technical Bachelor's Degree (engineering or related discipline) is preferred with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales environment. Technical selling of industrial equipment and/or manufacturing services or solutions is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of commercial contract management, incoterms, legal basics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Fluent English required. Proficient Spanish is preferable.
- Required to travel as much as 30-40% of the time.
- Ability to manage a high degree of customer contact. Strong social skills.
- Prepare and successfully execute presentations to customers
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.