Summary Job Description
The Plant Manager, Energetics will be tasked with taking the Energetics plant (shaped charges, det cord cutting and power charge manufacturing) to the next level to support DynaEnergetics ambitious strategic goals and growth initiatives. The Plant Manager will oversee all daily manufacturing operations with a strong emphasis on employee development, production scheduling, process improvements and documentation, new product introductions, procedures, policies and maintenance of the automated equipment to ensure the safest operations possible in an explosive environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety is at the forefront of all Energetics plant activities
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day manufacturing operations to exceed internal and external expectations.
- Develop, coach and mentor plant staff, lead by example through shop floor presence
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while focusing on safety, quality, on-time delivery and efficiencies.
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes to ensure world class safety environment, superior product quality, reduced cycle times, lead times, and minimize overall manufacturing costs
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- In conjunction with Engineering, Quality, and Operational Excellence, develop, evaluate and design manufacturing processes through the application of Lean/ Six Sigma knowledge and practices of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materialsImplement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Support special projects implementation such as new product introduction, capital equipment, flow, automation etc.)
- Interact with product, equipment, parts and tooling vendors to evaluate requirements according to quality standards and specifications
- Participate in cross functional teams for incident investigation and corrective action activities
- This job will be responsible for all Energetics production staff (Shaped Charges, Detonation Cord Cutting, Power Charge/Microsetting Tool Assembly). Requires providing verbal and written direction to production personnel
- Authorized to sign in accordance with DynaEnergetics financial authorization limits; Authorized to spend approved CAPEX and budgeted expenses in accordance with DynaEnergetics financial authorization limits
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, other degrees can be substituted by years of experience
- MBA preferred but not required
- 10 years of manufacturing experience in CNC machining required, preferably in a high volume/low mix environment using automated and semi-automated equipment; robotics exposure a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in programming and tool set-up required, ideally using Solidworks and Mastercam
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Expertise in manufacturing continuous improvement methodologies including breakdown analysis/Root cause analysis, CPAR and FMEA
- Excellent project management skills, PMP certification preferred
- Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, training, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen (budgeting, strategy planning, resource allocation and human resource)
- Ability to build relationships, able to negotiate, influence and manage change in matrix environment, create accountability and lead by example
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), and experience with ERP/MRP systems (ideally S4/Hana)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, proactive and self-starter
- Data-driven and excellent decision making
- Superior verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills addressing different levels of the organization from hourly shop floor personnel to corporate CEO
- Fluent in English, German a definite plus
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer