Summary Job Description
The DynaEnergetics Safety Coordinator is responsible for leading all safety-training for employees, designs effective methods of measuring safety standards in the workplace, and conducts safety inspections on a routine basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate training of all employees on any specialized training (CPR, BBS, etc.), including new hire orientation, HSEQ requirements to ensure compliance with company and federal regulations.
- Maintain a training matrix and email line supervisors weekly and management monthly.
- Perform regular HSEQ compliance audits on facilities to ensure the company’s safety requirements.
- Communicate safety standards to workers to ensure compliance with Company, Government Legislation, and Industry Standards
- Maintain facility Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS’s) ﬁles
- Maintain facility Chemical Inventory List
- Manage facility Waste Management Plan that includes ﬁles and records
- Conduct facility Emergency Response Plan and conduct drills
- Maintain industrial hygiene records
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree in Occupational Health & Safety is required
- OHSA certifications are recommended
- Experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety rules and regulations required
- Technical writing a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- The ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Create and update Work Standards using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Specialized experience in training and training development
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach; with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.