Summary Job Description
The Cost Accountant for DynaEnergetics Americas is a key member of the Finance team reporting directly to the Controller AME. The Cost Accountant is responsible for certain accounting processes within the manufacturing environment.
- Daily cost accounting support in manufacturing plants located in the US and Canada
- Prepare daily and weekly spend and variance analysis reports
- Review BOM and Routing for high moving items and prepare cost for new items
- Analyze variances and provide direction to management on cost improvements
- Participate in time studies and process reviews with plant management
- Record inventory adjustments as required
- Assist and support the cycle count process
- All other duties as assigned
- Prepares and records monthly general journal entries as part of the closing process.
- Analyze and explain manufacturing variances
- Support plant management in explanation of monthly operating results and recommend areas of improvement
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly cost center reports to manufacturing plants
- Financial analysis as requested by Management
- Lead participant in annual physical inventory of all locations
- Support external audit requirements for financials and SOX compliance
- Assist with other projects as needed
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting of Finance
- 5 years minimum Cost Accounting experience including period closing
- Operating knowledge and skills with ERP systems, and SAP experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and generate results in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
- Team player with a pleasant personality who can productively work independently
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.