Summary Job Description
The Technical Support Manager is being tasked to provide tactical & strategic process engineering and equipment support leadership and technical expertise to all functional areas (Hardware, Assembly Operations and Energetics) located in Blum and Whitney, Texas. Also responsible with his/her team for evaluating and optimizing existing manufacturing processes and recommending new manufacturing methods to reduce cost, waste and lead time and improve product quality. He/she will also manage all equipment related maintenance functions and activities including day-to-day operations and strategic planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads cross-functional process engineering group and equipment support technicians as the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- In conjunction with functional department heads evaluates manufacturing processes and continuously improves manufacturing processes through the application of Lean Six Sigma tools (e.g. VSM, VSD etc.) and knowledge to ensure superior product quality, reduced cycle times, lead times, and minimize overall manufacturing costs.
- Key driver of special project design and implementation (capital equipment, flow, automation, support equipment).
- Develops process/manufacturing engineering and comprehensive corrective & preventive maintenance program to provide support to all functional production areas (Hardware, Assembly Operations, Energetics).
- Acts as the DE AME Operations R&D point of contact for Germany, responsible for timely updates on new product/changes to existing products and develops, configures and optimizes manufacturing processes with his/her team from inception through start up and production certification.
- Develops formal and comprehensive program management program with engineering group in Germany and prepares internal process engineering talent for Program Manager roles
- Responsible for Sustain Engineering of all functional areas by updating manufacturing routers and BOM’s, reflecting accurate standard costs in ERP system.
- Assists functional areas in preparing process engineering and equipment maintenance related capital expenditure requests and acts as the project manager for the project once approved.
- Supports the organization’s continuous improvement program through coaching, teaching and mentoring team members.
- Actively assists in the development of organizational key performance indicators (KPI) and determines ways to continuously improve them in conjunction with department heads to achieve the company’s business goals.
- In conjunction with functional area managers improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layouts; assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished- product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares with his/her team product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops and effectively manages computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as part of formal Preventive Maintenance program
- Ensures efficient equipment repair schedules and review repair cost estimates to achieve maximum value for money
- Prepares monthly operational reports and provide maintenance related input for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Champions development of a safe, participative, flexible, and fair work environment that reflects the ethics, values, and integrity characteristics of DynaEnergetics.
- Ensures compliance of all environmental, health, and safety rules and regulations
- This job has supervisory responsibilities and requires providing verbal and written direction to engineering, maintenance, production and Third-Party personnel
- Provide verbal and written direction to on site personnel
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering or other appropriate engineering discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years process engineering and equipment support related experience in a metal manufacturing & assembly environment
- Minimum of 5-7 years management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills (PMP certification preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma certification desired (Green/Black Belt, other Lean certifications)
- Must have working knowledge of manufacturing system software (CAD, Solidworks etc), additionally, experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
Additional skills and abilities required for success in this role include strength in statistics, data analysis, and process control to support data-driven decision making and solve complex problems; project management experience; ability to apply and coach continuous improvement principles; strong prioritization, planning, delegating, and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others at all levels.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach; with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, night vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to loud noise levels; fumes or airborne particles; noxious odors; vibrations from driving and traffic. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer